Verdeza was originally built as an assisted/independent living facility in late 2013. It's a gorgeous facility, beautifully designed and decorated and is like staying at a small, private, upscale hospital with 24 hour nursing care at the pull of a calling cord which is by your bed and the toilet. Among many other amenities, there's an in-house chef that caters to your individual dietary needs and it is recommended that you let them know in advance of these special dietary needs. In addition you get to order off of a menu and can have the meals brought to your room or you can take your meals in the lovely dining room and a waiter takes your order.
Verdeza has recently opened up six rooms on their third and fourth floor specifically for patients who are recovering from plastic surgery. The rooms are huge, with huge private bath and walk in showers with plenty of storage space.
The following is pricing for Verdeza broken down into three basic categories based on length of stay. "Comfort Rooms" are smaller in size than "Superior Rooms".
These listed prices include three meals and two snacks a day, meals ordered off of a menu, 24/7 nursing care at the pull of a calling cord next to the bed and toilet, electric hospital bed on request or regular queen size bed, electric lounge chair, large bathroom with large walk in shower, flatscreen tv with cable channels, wifi, internet, laundry, international calls to the US and Canada, a chef on the premises who is happy to cater to your special dietary needs as long as you mention this in advance on your registration form, and lastly, these prices include all your rides to and from the airport, to and from Dr. Lev 's office for your consultation appointment, to and from the clinic or hospital on surgery day and the day after, the "escort service" on surgery day (this means the driver parks the car and escorts you into the clinic or hospital and waits with you until you are successfully admitted) and your post surgery visits to Dr. Lev 's office for post op care (maximum 4 round trip rides to Dr. Lev 's office post op). Any rides beyond 4 post op rides to Dr. Lev 's office must be paid to the driver directly. Rides to and from Dr. Lev 's office cost $20.
Verdeza's Recovery Option Promotion (limited time only)
Alejandea Zamora, the head of marketing and sales at Verdeza has just posted a special promotional plan for Dr. Lev's patients. She has reduced the cost of the rooms. You get an amazing amount of amenities for a ridiculously affordable price.
|14+ Day Stay||7 - 13 Day Stay||1 - 6 Day Stay|
|Comfort Room - $140 per night||Comfort Room - $150 per night||Comfort Room - $160 per night|
|Superior Room - $150 per night||Superior Room - $160 per night||Superior Room - $170 per night|
For 2 patients sharing a room for a minimum of 14 days-$250 ($125 per patient) per day, flat, all-inclusive.
Guest staying in the room with the patient will be charged $50 per day to cover food and lodging. A guest can only stay with the patient in a "Superior Room" since the "Comfort Room" size is too small for two people.
Here's what you get at Verdeza
- All taxes and government fees
- Large private room with designer decor
- Large walk-in shower and shower chair. (Walker and raised toilet seat provided by request)
- Plenty of storage space for toiletries and personal things.
- Three main meals (plus two in-between meal snacks upon request) prepared by the "in-house" chef.
- Electric, adjustable hospital bed (by request).
- Electric recliner chair in every room
- Emergency nurse's call cord by the bed and also by the toilet.
- 24 hour a day on-call on-premise nurse.
- There is a small library filled with books that you may borrow during your stay. The "library" also contains two desktop computers and all guests are welcome to use them to Skype with their friends and family.
- Central air controls in every room plus ceiling fan.
- Large flat screen tv with cable channels (many in english or english subtitles)
- Microwave oven and small fridge provided in each room.
- Free Laundry (20 pounds per stay).
- Free international calling to USA and Canadá from the privacy of your room.
- Free Wifi and Internet access.
- Because Verdeza is a small private assisted and independent living facility, there are always activities, events and programs taking place. Our patients are welcome to participate in any of the activities or events that may take place at Verdeza during your stay. Or you can choose to stay in the quiet privacy of your room. The choice is always yours to make.
- Verdeza is walking distance to Cima Hospital, IMAX Theaters, many upscale restaurants (PF CHANG's just opened there in November of 2014), "Avenida Escazu" which is the most elegant, modern area in San Jose featuring the first Apple Store in Costa Rica plus high end, upscale shops galore.
Verdeza is now offering to our patients the services of a private duty English speaking RN for either an 8 hour or a 12 hour shift for the first 24 hours after returning from the hospital or clinic the day after surgery.
The cost is $160 for an 8 hour shift and $240 for a 12 hour shift. Please let Verdeza know on your form if you want that service. We've had so many patients who've asked for this service and finally it is now available to our patients.
Personally I think it's well worth it to have a private RN in your room with you for at least 12 hours after you've returned from the hospital or clinic. A lot of times patients are still disoriented from the anesthesia when they come back to the recovery place the day after surgery. It's nice to have someone there with you in your room to take care of any needs you may have that requires assistance. You would also be assisted in the taking of your antibiotics which you must take twice a day for five days after returning from the hospital or clinic.
Since this is a new added service, I'm going to ask Alejandra Zamora (Alejandra.firstname.lastname@example.org) to add the option to the forms you need to fill out when you register there
I'm asked this question a lot. "How much should I allow for tips?" My suggestion is this (and this is what I did when I recovered at Verdeza when I had my tummy tuck). I put two $100 bills into a thank you note, thanking the staff and individuals who helped me during my stay and handed the envelope to Alejandra Zamora or Ofelia Ramirez. What they do is gather the staff together and read them the notes from each patient and then they put the money into a "pool" to pay for a great holiday party for the staff twice a year. What a great idea. An awesome party sponsored by our grateful patients!